Friday, March 28, 2008

FOURTEEN? For real?

Retrieval this morning - 14 luscious eggs! Now, the doctor told me (and I'm sure) that a number of them are of questionable quality, but still - FOURTEEN! I can't believe it. I'm really discovering that it's the small accomplishments in IVF that can make your day.

All in all, the procedure went well. The Barron found himself a nice video, provided a sample and gave 'em a little pep talk. I was knocked out, so I didn't feel anything, but I think I made an ass of myself to the doctor and nurses post-procedure while coming out of my drug induced sleep. I pretty much acted like I do when I'm drunk. "Seriously, I just want to say that all of you are so wonderful. Everyone has treated me so great. I'm so happy" etc...guh. Now, I'm just a bit crampy and sleepy.

Now, we wait. Oh, and the Barron gets to stick a HUMONGOUS needle in my ass tonight. Great. Fertilize, eggies, fertilize!

Fert report tomorrow. Fingers and toes crossed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agh! Good luck!! Can't wait to hear.

Emily said...

Congratulations on 14 eggs! Fingers crossed for a good fertilization report!

Bec said...

14 eggs is fantastic hon - Congratulations!

Tara said...

Holy crap! 14 is fantastic! What a nice surprise for you when you were only expecting 4.

You are right when you say it is the small victories in IVF. At least that's how I felt this time around.

Now crossing my fingers for a great fertility report!

sara said...

14 eggs! Wow...that's great! I acted like a happy drunk too when I was waking up. I hugged everyone and I guess I even hugged my RE, how embarassing! I'm sure they see it all the time. Can't wait to hear the fertilization news...did you hear yet?