Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Saltines do a body good

Nicole Kidman recently revealed in an interview that she is having a major bout with morning sickness (and btw, it's sad that she is about the same size as I am - belly wise- and about 7 months more pregnant!).

I've been wondering when the ol puke monster was going to rear it's ugly head in my home.

Well, it's here.

I keep getting violent waves of nausea throughout the day. I haven't yet puked, but it's only a matter of time. My diet today has consisted of cereal, saltines and ginger ale. Yay for carbs!

The Barron and I are trying to figure out when to tell our friends about the baby. We've been successfully avoiding them recently, but can't for too much longer without seeming anti-social. The PIO injections at night totally give us away, so we've just been staying in. I think we'll be telling our closest pair of friends this weekend and then slowly expanding the circle. Everyone already knows we've done IVF, so it's just a waiting game. Next time we do this (if we do) - I'm not telling anyone anything.

4 comments:

sara said...

That's funny what you said about saltines because I just got done eating some myself. I hope your pukey feeling goes away soon. I've still kept our pregnancy on the down low except for a couple of close friends and immediate family. It sure is hard though!

Tara said...

It's hard to keep this secret isn't it? I'm definitly having a hard time not telling. I may let a few more people know once I have a successful ultrasound and see a heartbeat.

JW Moxie said...

Good luck telling your friends this weekend! I hope the m/s won't be too hard on you.

sara said...

Just checking in to see how you're doing...hope all is well!