Saturday, December 27, 2008

Monday, Monday

So, it's gonna be Monday. Cheesecake's head is still high and not in my pelvis, so at 3:30 PM EST on Monday, 12/29, he/she will be forceably removed from my body. I have made peace with the fact that I will not be pushing my child out on my own, as it appears that this will be the safest alternative for both the baby and myself (size is creating a bit of an issue). Happily, at the same time, Cheesecake is thriving - it appears that my uterus is an ideal home, and that it has no desire to leave. I hope this isn't the case when my child is 18. I can see it now:

CK: "Mom, I'm going to live here forever"
Me: "Get out"
CK: "But Mo-om, I love it here"
Me: "Get out"

:)

So, the Barron and I are spending this weekend tying up loose ends and getting the house in order. I should be in the hospital for about 4 days, but will do my best to get word to ya'll ASAP. Thanks so much for all of the well wishes and support. I can't believe that in a little more than 48 hours, I'll be a Mommy!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wishing you all the best, Sully.

Looking forward to hearing the details and seeing pictures of little Cheesecake.

sara said...

Wishing you the best of luck...lots of hugs!

Bec said...

Am hanging out to hear the news. Wishing you all the best hon xxx