Monday, October 27, 2008

Overreact much?

Here's how I spent my Sunday afternoon:

I went to Walgreens to pick up some necessities, and when I got out of the car, my pants were all wet (my jeans leg). The crotch wasn't really wet, but the leg was wet in a spot where it would normally be wet if one had peed their pants. Now, it had rained the night before, and I was checking all over my car to see if maybe I had bumped something and gotten myself wet, but I couldn't determine that and started to freak.

We had our Childbirth Education class on Saturday, at which the nurse warned that any fluid leakage should be treated as an emergency. So, I went home and asked the Barron what he thought - he thought it was in a weird spot too and agreed w/ me that maybe we should call the
Doctor.

I call, Dr. says - "get to the hospital - if your water broke, you just bought yourself an admission until this baby is born".

So, now I'm hysterical..."I'm going to miss my nephews wedding (this weekend), "I'm going to miss Thanksgiving", "nothing is ready!", "how will I work?", and of course fear for the baby.

I get admitted to hospital, hooked up to monitors, etc. Then, I have a pelvic exam.

Nothing.

Sonogram.

Nothing. In fact, I have plenty of fluid, so much so that when my water actually does break it'll be a huge mess.

Baby is happy and moving around (and we saw it's cute little face!)

So, basically, I must have wiped up against something somehow and got my pants wet and spent two hours in the hospital for nothing.

However, the nurses said I was right to come in and check.

I still feel like an idiot though.

I can't wait to just have this kid out of my body (at it's correct time, though!).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can NEVER be too safe. Take it from someone who knows--follow your gut and get everything checked out.
I'm so glad everything is okay.

Tara said...

It's so hard to know what is serious and what is not. You did the right thing by going to get it checked out. Better to overreact over nothing than underreact and it be something.

For what it's worth - I'm totally ready for my little freeloader to come out too. I think 8 months is plenty long enough to be pregnant, don't you?

battynurse said...

So glad that all was ok.

Heather said...

That is too funny! You did the right thing. Glad you didn't go so early, though.

JJ said...

Ack! Glad everything was OK--I would have been on the way to the ER quick like a bunny--I have a low tolerance for the unknown--whew, glad its all OK--how are you doing?! 44 days!