Sunday, November 4, 2007

The internet - a blessing and a curse

I work online. All day, every day, I am on the internet researching, reporting and yes, slacking off. Generally most of my slacking is done by reading celebrity gossip blogs and the like. My dirty little secret though is that I have a bookmark folder called "preggo stuff". This folder contains the sites trendy maternity designers, baby announcements, nursery furnishings, baby clothes, etc. I started it back in July of 06 when we started on this journey. I never thought it'd be sitting stagnant for so long. Now, I'm trying to decide if I should delete it...maybe I can archive it, so I still have the resources, if the day ever comes.

Anyway, lately, I've been bookmarking infertility blogs and sites about IVF and premature menopause. It's funny, but the last thing really has me upset. All of the side-effects of menopause are things that I never thought I'd have to experience before I was 50, and now it's a reality that I may be facing this in 5 -10 years. What will become of me? Will I still be attractive to my husband when I am no longer fertile and my sex drive is affected (not that I'm all that wild and crazy, but still).

All this information at my fingertips, causing me to slowly go mad....a blessing and a curse, indeed.

No comments: