But first, an update:
This week has been insane. Work is crazy busy and we're dealing with some sort of legislation in New York State that may affect my business-dealings negatively. I'm hoping it all boils over and that the law doesn't officially go through, but I need to prepare. Gah. Oh well, I guess it's good to obsess over something that isn't baby-related.
As for the baby, things are going smoothly. I'm still seeing some trace spotting, mostly when using the bathroom, but the OB says that everything looks perfect with the baby and that I shouldn't be concerned. I'm going to try and scan my ultrasound at some point to share the pic with ya'll. It's really starting to look like a baby now, and hearing the heartbeat was seriously just the most amazing thing. I didn't expect to be affected the way I was, but it was wonderful.
Ok, so on to the tagging - here are the rules:
- Link to the person who tagged you. - Done!
- Post the rules. - Done!
- Share six non-important habits/quirks about yourself.
- Tag three other people.
- Make sure the people you tagged know you did by commenting on what you did.
2. As a result of #1, I have been an Aunt since the age of four. I have two nephews; one is four years younger than me and the other is eight years younger. They are more my brothers than my nephews and I could never imagine my life without them.
3. I have seen the Pope (John Paul II) twice. In 1994 while I was in High School, I attended World Youth Day in Denver, CO with my Youth Ministry group; and in 1997 I perfomed at the Vatican as part of my college choir at the Canonization (making a saint) of the founder of my college.
4. My husband and I LOVE going to concerts. I have always been a music fan, but he far encompasses me. Just for example, in the next month, we are seeing REM, Tom Petty, Pearl Jam (twice), and Dave Matthews Band. Other favorites include U2, Foo Fighters, and the Tragically Hip (and wishful thinking, the Beatles). We are determined to have this child listen to good music, but I'm sure we'll loose out to the kiddie music at some point.
5. I did a college internship at Late Night with Conan O'Brien. During that time, his assistant was pregnant, so I filled in for her on a number of occasions. He's an awesome guy and I have nothing but good things to say about that experience.
6. My favorite place in the world is the Cafe du Monde in New Orleans, LA. My husband and I spent our honeymoon in NOLA, and spent many an hour sitting there, drinking cafe au lait, eating beignets, and watching the world go by. During Katrina, I was devastated to think of the damage done to this beloved city, and I am counting the days until we go back. I have been to Ireland and Italy, which are both amazing, but this always holds a special place in my heart.
Ok, so that's my dealio. In return, I am tagging Tara, JJ, and Candi - sorry if you've done these already ladies, I'm new at this!
For all my American compatriots - have a great extended weekend! Woo hoo!