Now is actually a pretty bad time to be doing this. Money is tight, G is showing signs of the approaching the terrible twos, and our house is in no way ready for a second child.
However, I was warned upon my first pregnancy not to wait too long before trying again, as my window for child bearing is pretty small. Over the past few months, my periods have been becoming more and more irregular, leading me to believe that the window is almost closed. Along with that, the news from a best friend this week that she is pregnant (no jealousy here - totally happy for her), lit the fire that I needed to move this process along. Barron is totally supportive, but both of us are petrified. Excited, but petrified.
- Money, again.
- The possibility of multiples
- The unpredictability of my job.
- How G will deal with a baby in the house.
- How will I love another child as much as I love G?
- What if it doesn't work? (This is a very real possibility given my history).
So, it's off to the RE on Monday...most likely a date with my old suitor, the dildocam, bloodwork and all that jazz.
I have a feeling this time is going to be tougher than last. We shall see.
Thanks for the well wishes!